How to: Duolingo App on a Tablet runnig Android
I realized there are quite some of you who would love to use Duolingo on the Tablet. RIGHT NOW, not in a few weeks. Here is how I did it and you can do it too:
-a Phone running Android 4.0 or higher(Maybe a friend has one)
-some time( maybe 30 min)
Install Duolingo on the phone and insert the SD-Card
Install Helium Backup(Free) on both Phone and Tablet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backuphl=de
Follow the Helium Setup
Install Helium on Android
Install and run Helium Desktop (http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon)
Connect Android to computer.
a) You may need to set your USB Connection Mode to "PTP". (Nexus 7, Nexus 10, etc)
- Helium on Android should now be enabled.
Open Helium on the Phone and mark Doulingo with the checkbox on the right.
- Hit the "Backup" button in the left bottom corner
- When prompted where to put the Backup, choose the External SD-Card
- When the app is done, it will prompt you. Do not touch any buttons til then.
- Remove the SD-Card from your Phone and put it in the Tablet
- Open up Helium on the Tablet and choose the Tab "Restore and Sync"
- Under "My Devices" you can choose the External SD
- You can now select Duolingo and restore it.
Congrats: You are done!
Note: To make the App work in Landscape mode, install "Screen Rotation Control"(or similar) from JUBO CO (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bong.android.androidlockfeature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImJvbmcuYW5kcm9pZC5hbmRyb2lkbG9jayJd)
it is free too!
I hope I could help some of you!
There is no danger to installing the apps. Still, I am not responsible if you manage to mess up your devices somehow by following this tutorial
What about just transferring the duolingo apk from /data/app in the android system directory?
sure, if you got Root, you do not even need this tutorial at all. The charm here is that there is no Root needed here, so everyone can do it.