"I call my mother."
Translation:Glaoim ar mo mháthair.
In Irish you put a query or call on someone.
- Glaofaidh mé air = I'll call on him (I'll call him)
- Tá glaoch ort = Is call on you (You are being called)
- Cuirim ceist ar mo chara = I put question on my friend (I ask my friend a question)
- Cuirfidh mé scairt ort = I'll put shout on you (I'll give you a shout)
- Tá ceist agam uirthi = Is question at me on her (I have a question for her)
I was just reviewing verbs (first time in a long while), and for you call your wife the answer was "glaonn tú do bhean chéile"/"glaonn sibh bhur mbean chéile" but then for I call my mother I tried "glaoim mo mháthair" and was marked as incorrect.
Thanks! Maybe some day I'll be able to change it to "Tuigim." :P