Dutch Rap/Pop Singers?
Does anyone know of good female Dutch pop singers? Idk why but I don't really listen to males sing, it's not as good. Female rapper is good too.
I like electronic music, stuff with bass. I guess if there's a Dutch equivalent of Yelle that'd be cool. XD
Anyone know some good female dutch rappers or pop singers?
FYI There have been some threads on Dutch music (in general) before:
I can't think of any similar to Yelle, but quickly scanning for female rappers/pop singers in those threads. Not much music with a lot of bass, also I didn't find any female rappers, weird how rare they are, I can easily name quite some male rappers. The first 2/3 in the list below only sing in Dutch if I'm correct, the last 3 only in English, Wende Snijders has sung a lot in French, Ellen ten Damme in German, but both also sing in Dutch:
- Eefje de Visser
- Liesbeth List
- Wende Snijders
- Ellen ten Damme
- Ilse de Lange
- Within Temptation (not really pop…but talking about a female voice…)
Not exactly what I'm looking for, but I bought three songs by Eefje de Visser so thanks. I'm looking for something that sounds electronic/up-beat but with vocals. So like if Animals by Martin Garrix had female vocals, I would fangirl a lot. XD
I'll give anyone a lingot if they can find someone for me to fangirl over!
You're welcome. Actually I'm not too much into hip hop, so most of these are simply big hits.
- Urban Dance Squad - Good Grief (and yes...Rage Against The Machine drew more than a little bit of inspiration from this
- Extince - Kaal of Kammen
- Brainpower - Dansplaat
- Osdorp Posse - Origineel Amsterdams (basically a slang dictionary on record)
- De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig - Sterrenstof (fantastic lyrics)
- Gers Pardoel - Neem Je Mee
- Lange Frans & Baas B - Zinloos
This list is probably a good start to learn more Dutch hip hop.
Some examples of what I personally like better are, e.g.
- Golden Earring Paradise in Distress and She Flies On Strange Wings
- Brainbox - Summertime (George Gershwin cover)
- Herman Brood & His Wild Romance Saturday Night
- Doe Maar Pa and De Bom
- Acda & De Munnik Het Regent Zonnestralen
- De Dijk Dansen op de Vulkaan
- Van Dik Hout Stip aan de Hemel, Pijn (with Herman Brood
- Cuby + Blizzards Window of My Eyes
- Spinvis Wespen Op De Appeltaart and Aan De Oevers Van De Tijd
- Boudewijn de Groot Jimmy
- C-Mon & Kypski Make my Day
I'm commenting on here so I can get to this thread quickly later. I can't listen to anything right now, but I've been looking for Dutch rap all week and it didn't even remotely cross my mind to ask about it on here. I was looking for something else and as I was scrolling by this thread I was like "....oh man, what?!" and am pretty excited.
I like electronic male rap that isn't in English a lot (specific, I know) and I'm not picky about lyric clarity/quality. The only thing I've found in my searching that I really like is this group De Kraaien, who I immediately loved. They're a little ridiculous, but that's what I wanted.
Also, Yelle is the bomb. :)