"Where is the airport?"
Translation:Cá bhfuil an t-aerfort?
October 28, 2014
A prothetic T (without a hyphen) is also needed for both non-genitive feminine singular nouns and genitive masculine singular nouns that follow an and begin with S followed by either L, N, R, or a vowel, e.g.
- an tsláinte (“the health”)
- an tsneaic (“the snack”)
- an tsráid (“the street”)
- an tsú (“the berry”)
- lár an tsamhraidh (“the middle of the summer”)
- barr an tsléibhe (“the top of the mountain”)
- boladh an tsnasa (“the smell of the slime”)
- foinse an tsrutháin (“the source of the stream”)