Maltese Tongue Twisters
Here are some of the hardest phrases to say in Maltese, from easiest to hardest...
1. Qafas tal-qasab imdendel mas-saqaf. (A cage made of reeds hanging from the ceiling.)
2. Platti ċatti platti fondi, int u tiekol tikkonfondi. (Flat plates round plates, as you eat you get confused.)
3. Trakk fuq trakk. Trakk taħt trakk. (A truck on a truck, a truck under a truck.)
4. Patri minn Napli mar Kapri għall-papri, Mela f'Napli m'hemmx papri, Biex patri minn Napli mar Kapri għall-papri. (The monk from Naples went to Capri to get ducks. Why did the Monk from Naples had go to Capri to get ducks? Aren't there any ducks in Naples?)
5. Il-pespus pespes pespisa lil pespusa tal-pespus. Meta il-pespus pespes il-pespisa, il-pespusa pespset. (The male pipit chirped to the female pipit about the male pipit. When the male pipit chirped, the female pipit chirped back.)
If you want to know how Maltese letters are pronounced, consult this video.
If you want to learn more, please go to my Maltese posts directory.