Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/adri_f

I have just finished my Danish tree!

adri_f

First of all I want to thank the contributors for the great job they have done! Despite the course still being in beta, I did not encounter many problems or mistakes during the lessons. For example, the hints under the words are almost always helpful (like also with prepositions and stuff like that).

I would have probably never had the opportunity to learn Danish without Duolingo. I've always found it interesting, as well as all the other Germanic and Scandinavian languages, but it would have probably remained a "I wish I could speak it" kind of thing.

I am still far from being anything more than a beginner, but of course you always have to start somewhere. I have a decent understanding of written Danish and I also have to say that I can understand a little Norwegian and Swedish (I'm always talking about written stuff though... spoken Danish is still a VERY hard challenge, I like how it sounds, but understanding what is being said is all another story). I have started the course when it came out, so it took me just a bit less than three months to finish it (almost one third of the time it took me to finish my German tree, but I wasn't that costant back then). Yeah, I think that knowing (some) German helped me as well, especially with vocabulary.

So what are my plans now? Well, first of all I have to make my tree golden because I don't really know why but every day I would find around 10 skills to strengthen (usually always the same ones) so at some point I gave up keeping it golden and decided I would do that once I would finish the tree - so, now. Then I'll keep practising and hopefully one day I'll start to understand something of spoken Danish (it was the same with German, so there's always hope).

Then there's the Swedish tree that is looking at me. I must give it a try, even though I don't know if it will work. :)

Og jeg vil sige at min nye danske ugle er meget smuk. :) Jeg er stolt at jeg har endelig fået den!

So well, that's it. Thanks for reading my long rambling and good luck with your trees! :)

3 years ago

12 Comments