https://www.duolingo.com/RKSMT

Vocab Tab Improvements

I was just asked a question in a lesson that required I know that dure means lasts. Now as far as I can remember I was introduced to dur (tough) not its feminine form dure (lasts).

My point is whether I was introduced to it and forgot or was never introduced to it, it is really frustrating when I spend some time reviewing my vocab on the vocab tab and some words don't show they have multiple forms so I think i know everything, but don't.. So I thought I'd take some time to give some suggestions.

For words like that above, which has multiple forms, if they could have some sort of indicator that shows it has multiple forms (no need to indicate multiple plural forms), which usually implies multiple meanings, that would be great. That way I can scan through the vocab list and further investigate words with the indicator. Furthermore it would be great if this indicator could be sort-able that way I can put everything that needs special attention together.

Another indicator (different color?) should show up for words with different conjugated forms to differentiate from word with multiple meaning forms. Also in the lessons when you hover over a new word, or even an old word after you've answered the question, if the word can be conjugated (sometimes) a button appears on the bottom right of the bubble, so you can see the various conjugated forms. I would like this button to appear in the bubble of words in the vocab tab for any word that can be conjugated. That way I'm not opening up every word to check for this.

Lastly, it would be nice if we could check off (or weighted system) words we feel either we need more work on or we haven't seen for a while, so that we can sort them and scan through words we are weakest on, together, along with getting practice tests on "checked off" words.

5 years ago

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.