1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: Swedish
  4. >
  5. Education question?


Education question?

Hi, I have this Swedish friend. We discussed about education history and I even asked him if he has a degree and he didn't understand what a degree is. I'm not sure what they call it in Sweden and I don't know what else to say to him. Can someone help me? Thanks!

January 2, 2015

1 Comment


Degrees from a university are called "examen" in Sweden. A bachelor's degree would be equivalent to a Swedish "kandidatexamen" (Degree at "kandidat"-level) and a master's degree is called a "mastersexamen".

Learn Swedish in just 5 minutes a day. For free.