Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/PatHargan

Question and answer practice

PatHargan

I just discovered this site a few days ago and I am loving it. I have been studying Irish on and off for ages and have lots of friends who are fluent in it, but this is a great way of filling in the gaps.

One thing I would love to see, if it could be added at any stage, would be lessons practising questions and answers, particularly with irregular verbs, and preferably including positive and negative responses and different tenses, moods and voices. Plus the same with the copula. This is one of the things that always trips me up in conversation.

e.g. 'An bhfaca tú an leabhar?' Correct response is either 'Chonaic' or 'Ní fhaca'.

(Pardon me if this example is not correct - as I say, I need practice in this! But you understand the sort of thing I mean.)

Other items on my wish list would be relative clauses (e.g. 'She praised the team that taught her Irish') and final clauses ('He went online in order to improve his Irish').

Go raibh míle maith agaibh as ucht bhur múintearacht go hiontach!

3 years ago

0 Comments