How do I type the portuguese characters on the keyboard?
1) you need to press the APOSTROPHE(thx Calvo) key, let it go and then press the character you want: á, é, í, ó, ú etc.
2) SHIFT + 6 together, then the character you want: â, ê, î, ô, û etc.
3) SHIFT + ` (the key under escape), then the character you want: ã, õ (não)
4) Just the ` key + the character: à, è, ì, ò, ù = (às tardes).
5) There are probably a few more ways too! Hope it works! :)
Traduqtor, if you're using a Windows based computer, be sure you have the keyboard set up as "United States - International" (you change the keyboard in Regional Settings in the Control Panel). Once you have the right keyboard, what SirCumference wrote will work. To get ü, type the double quote marks followed by u. A ç is made with the single quote followed by c. With the international keyboard, if you want to type a single or double quote, you will have to type the wanted character followed by a space. If you're not working with a Windows based system, you might need to check your owner's manual or talk to someone familiar with your operating system.