"To reach" e "to achieve"
Me deparei com algumas frases que tinham esses verbos e fiquei na dúvida sobre qual é a diferença entre cada um.
"Reach" means to arrive at a destination, such as a physical place, object, but also in figurative sense as a decision, agreement, conclusion, goal, etc.
- They finally reached the coast after five weeks sailing.
- She couldn't reach the apple. It was too high.
- The jury took four days to reach a verdict.
- The situation has reached a critical point.
"Achieve" means to accomplish, attain or "reach" something, especially after a lot of work or effort.
Achieve cannot substitute reach in the physical sense though.
- The company was able to achieve all of its production goals.
- He had finally achieved success.
- She achieved high score on her english test.