Off topic, but I couldn't find a better way to report this: there is a formatting error in the notes for this topic (Verbs: Infinitive, https://www.duolingo.com/skill/sv/Verbs%3A-Infinitive/tips-and-notes): the bullet points for the examples "Låt alla blommor blomma. (Let all flowers bloom)" and "Vi såg honom springa. (We saw him run)" are run together and not formatted with an actual bullet.
I was referring to the verb to proceed as in to go on, continue or begin a course of action and not to proceed as in to advance or go somewhere as in the following contexts:
- I lost funding but I will proceed with the experiments anyway.
- Despite opposition, they proceeded with the plan.
- The judge said that we will proceed to the trial's second phase.
- We are unable to proceed with the project due to the lack of resources.
- Without money, we can't proceed.
Thanks! I'm glad I asked.
So fortsätta is like the Dutch "voortzetten". And försätta is like "verzetten" in "geloof kan bergen verzetten" (tro kan försätta berg), but not in the other examples (schulden maken, in gevaar brengen). I promise to be careful with fortsätta and försätta.