Duolingo is the most popular way to learn languages in the world. Best of all, it's 100% free!

https://www.duolingo.com/alexinIreland

Seachtain na Gaeilge: Day 12

alexinIreland

[This challenge is now closed]

Dia daoibh!

Welcome to Day 12 of the SnaG challenge. Today, we're doing something a bit different.

First, join me in congratulating the winner of yesterday's challenge: dancelmarie! Comhghairdeas!

Challenge 12 - Dúshlán 12

Today's challenge is to speak Irish!

• Challenge: Speak!
  • Theme: Anything
  • Top Prize: 30 lingots (every entrant will also get 2 lingots!)

Record a short clip (audio file or video) of you speaking Irish. You can talk about whatever you want! Just deliver a short monologue. Here are some important things to note:

• The winner will be chosen on the basis of accuracy, confidence and overall attempt.
  • Don't be afraid to make mistakes.
  • If you wish to make a video, the preferred site to share it on is YouTube. (Be aware that you can make the link private if you do not wish for it to be seen by the whole world, but note that anyone who clicks on the link can still view the video)
  • If you are under 13, you must ask for your parents'/guardians' permission before making and posting your entry
  • Since this challenge is a bit more difficult, you have until Sunday to post in your entries :)

Real World Mini-Challenge

Tweet as Gaeilge with the hashtags #SnaG2015, #duolingo and #Gaeilge!

I Want More

Fine by me:

Irish Song of the Day

"Pompeii" le Bastille as Gaeilge

Seanfhocal an lae

"Hold the phone, Alex. What's a seanfhocal?"

Well, quite simply, a seanfhocal is an Irish proverb. They are pretty fun to learn and I'll be teaching you one each day from now until the 17th! They are a nice way to decorate your speech and you will hear/see them used quite often. Today's seanfhocal is a personal favourite of mine:

Bíonn blás ar an mbeagán

Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat!

Bain triail aisti! Surprise yourself!

SnaG Day 11

3 years ago

18 Comments