Microphone worked the first time.. then stopped
The first time I was prompted to use the microphone I clicked allow and it worked - I guess I didn't check "remember settings" so it asked me again - that time I clicked "remember settings" and allow - but the microphone didn't seem to be detected... now I have no obvious way to reset/retest the microphone.
oh yeah, i fixed it, someone fixed it for me, it fixed itself or everything above. i had no history and cookie deletion on browser-closing. so, there weren't many cookies or cache or w/e to manually remove. i changed browsers from ff to chrome and back. and figured it out. for me, the solution was easy, in the end, i just needed to deactivate the flashblock plugin. after that there are some hick-ups, as alsena mentioned, voice detection failure on the server side, but bearable - at least for me. by the way, i tried to allow duolingo propperly in flashblock, but it didnt work. what ever i tried, it just didn't accept duolingo.com...