- i read[red] them = io li ho letti - (simple past)
- i read[riːd] them = io li leggo (i libri, gli appunti, ecc.)
- . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . = io le leggo (le riviste, le note, ecc.)
• io leggo a loro = i read to them
Se si aggiunge un oggetto (book), allora la frase diventa:
• i read them a book = i read a book to them = io leggo (a) loro un libro
Indeed, you are right, Pushkina. Similar annoying repeated mis-pronounciations occur in the Brazilian > English learning tree for the word "live" and others. It's a drawback of the "text to speech" and "speech to text" (multiple choice?) software used in compiling the practice sentences, I think. Interesting challenge to fix for the team......