Timed practice is frustrating
As native german speaker trying to learn portuguese i find "Timed Practice" very frustrating because i am not able to type 10 to 15 word sentences in english or portuguese fast enough. These long exercises should be filtered or given more time to answer.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again. Or as my old school teacher used to say, "do it again darling". Here are some tips:
- Use Enter instead of clicking CHECK
- Don't waste time with accents (write the word plainly)
- If you don't know a word/phrase skip it immediately
- Don't read the Duolingo's "correct" answer (you'll only waste time)
- Write the answer as duolingo dictates it (dont wait for it to end)
- Dont EVER click the repeat dictation button, you'll only waste time (unless its a small sentence)
- Dont Give up too early(it took me more than 5 tries to beat the timed practice)
Lastly, you won't always beat timed practice, that's a fact, unless you can type really fast, understand the pronunciation, and both languages very well too.
Here's some motivation: http://i42.tinypic.com/2ih2bzb.jpg
Perfect Timed: http://i44.tinypic.com/2d2d5e9.jpg