Tips for learning languages
I was wondering about to create the list of tips, that helps for learning languages. I Know that lots of post like that was created before, but time goes and lots of things are changing ... new websites, apps, etc.
Write some good tips, websites, methods for learning. Of course on the first place will be duolingo, travels, movies and books ... but what else?
- Spotify - playlists in different languages. For me is fun, and you can learn a lot from music when you can check all texts. Last version of spotify has it. Just click on the "Text" button (on the bottom of the page in spotify, texts are from musixmatch).
I'm curious what tips do you have?
Talk! Talk! Talk Find all the chances to connect with native speakers of that language and converse with them in that language, forget about grammar and structure...just express yourself and have fun =P
and the key - HAVE FUN, mistakes are ok, you learn more widely and deeply from your mistakes. When you get things right all you learn is that - that thing you just said was right. When you get things wrong - you can laugh ( a positive ) and you might then ask a question - that will give you some deeper understanding - that will get so many more things right in the future.
But the most important is to fun and have a go !
Talk to yourself in the language you're learning, and when you lack a word look it up in the dictionary! It's a great way to learn everyday vocabulary, and grammar and conjugation come gradually!
- Read- read simple books in that language, helps you to improve the language all round .
- E-bay : Buy something on e-bay from someone that speaks that foreign language - and have a conversation with the seller - in the foreign language. (Just don't buy an expensive item ;) Even searching for things - using the correct foreign words - can be fun. They can be low costs items, but well worth checking it out.
- GPS : I set my gps to give me verbal directions in the language I am learning. This is great for improving numbers, and directions !
- food : And then there is food - making meals from recipes written in your target language - and on the internet - it opens up all sorts of new avenues now. Look for recipes for the odd food items in your fridge - and ideas of things to do with them - but in the target language you are learning.
Sometimes you end up having to cut and paste some of the information into things like google translate or reverso to understand - but that is all part of the fun of the learning journey.