I wish there was a way to check words learned...
I am learning German(and Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian) and I find it easier to write the new learned words out. Suggestion for Duoling: on Home/Skill Tree where it shows how many points earned, how many words learned, and day streak. You should make the words learned a clickable icon where it leads you to the entire list of all the words you have learned in that language.
Possibly, I didn't see any others having the issue in different discussion topics, guess I'm not the only one. Are you using Windows 8? I have tried Mozilla, Chome, and Explorer on 8 and Chrome on Windows 7 and keep having same titles, thought possibly it was the browser. If you figure it out please let me know.
I had a reply from the support team (really fast!! :-) They confirmed me that a small percent of users are testing the new interface that is not complete and the vocabulary tab is not yet implemented. So we will have to wait and in the meantime we could use the Bank2 advice to see the words we learned. Thanks and good luck!
Yay! I was correct! It WAS 25% for testing... this is the first time I was one of them...Wow! And I did use the advice that I gave you before I had the vocab tab. Thank you all for sticking with us while we looked for the answer and thank you support team for answering so quickly. BTW, why the good luck? (I don't NEED any luck... Just Kidding :D =)
I am using Windows 8 on my acer laptop.... There was a time when some people (25% of the Duolingo community to be exact) had Lingots and all the other 75% didn't have any. This could be one of those times (when they are testing the Vocab tab). That would be the only explanation for this situation (or there is a bug in some of your computers or Duolingo itself). Also, if you are looking for Vocab words but you don't have the tab, all you have to do is click on a lesson and drop down and there would be words that you have "practiced". It is not as good as the vocab tab and doesn't have ALL the words you learned in the lesson but it is something... Hope this helps!
I am looking for this and looking and cannot find it. The top of my screen says Duolingo which takes me backto home, then has Home - Activity - Discussion - Immersion ... I've searched the rest of the site also, can't figure out how to find this? Would appreciate any help
After Discussion there should be a Vocabulary tab... order like this: Home, Immersion, Discussion, Vocabulary. If you don't have it, it might mean that you are working on a phone and there is no Vocab on the app or that your version of Duolingo hasn't been updated somehow.... I hope this helps!
I also do not have the vocabulary tab in Chrome, or with the Chrome App. Logged into Explorer (with an older version) and requested the "old school version" of duolingo and the vocab tab was there. Since I hadn't really seen that feature before I really liked how it categorized the timed repetition/strength words list. It also let me select a word and do a few sentences of practice solely for that palabra.
When I opened an older version of explorer and type in the Duolingo web addy, I get this message:
'Your browser is out of date and no longer compatible with the new Duolingo. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to go to their download page. For a limited time you can also switch to the Old School Duolingo'
Old School Duolingo was a hyperlink. However, I guess the limited time has kicked in, because it is no longer working.