Streak Freeze question
Hi all, I'm excited, I just realised that I now have a store and my very first Lingots! While I am not planning to go one day without Duolingo any time soon (because I'm quite addicted to it) I was wondering about getting as"streak freeze" from the store. The idea would be that if for whatever reason (apocalypse, work overload, power out and internet collapse in the entire city, 24h sleeping session...) I absolutely cannot get on to Duolingo on a specific day, my streak would be saved. I would have it as a kind of back up in case something unexpected happens. Now, my QUESTIONS are:
1) Can I buy a streak freeze now and not use it for a long time? 2) Does the streak freeze get automatically activated in case I am not active for 24 hours, or do I need to "apply" it somehow?
Thanks for your help! Franka
I was wondering about that and in addition:
- Do I need only one streak freeze for all of my languages?
- If I practice one language but not another, will it get used? And will it only freeze those I don't practice?
- Can we use it on consecutive days?
- Does it interact with the wager? If so, how? Does it mean we need 1 more day to win the wager?
1+2 : Yes for No.1. I tried it on multiple occasions over the last weeks. You have one "full" streak count on your profile that uses info from all your languages. If that full count gets stopped for a day, your Freeze activates. Look at my streak info on my profile. It shows 12 full days even though my longest streak is only 3 days. 4 days ago my Freeze was used to continue the overall streak.
When I didn't do Italian for a day, the Freeze was not activated because I continued the French streak. However I don't know what would have happened if I continued the shorter streak and let the longer one drop.
3: You have to rebuy it and you can only do this when the old one was used. So if you're not online at all you don't have a chance to buy a new one.
4: It continues the wager. I guess the wager takes only the overall streak count into consideration. I had a wager running when I wasn't here 4 days ago and with the Freeze it kept running. I don't think it need to run longer now but I also didn't look out for it, so no promise.