Suddenly no translations into target language
I am learning Spanish and German from English. In the past few days I have noticed that I am not getting any exercises translating into the target language e.g. translate from English to Spanish. And I mean not a single one.
I am wondering why this is happening, as I used to have a healthy mix of translation both from and into the target language. It is quite boring and unchallenging only to translate into English.
I have not changed anything in my settings and cannot think of anything else I am doing different. I have looked for a way to change this in settings, but not seeing any option for it.
Has anyone else experienced this? Or anyone have an idea how to fix it?
Hey I'm having the same problem, did you get any help? Is your problem solved?
Sadly no. I am stuck on the reverse course. However, I have experimented a bit with the original courses, and realised that every once in a while I get a English to Spanish translation - it's just very rare. Perhaps one for each 30 questions. Interestingly this tendency seems much less pronounced in the reverse course, where I get a decent amount of Spanish to English translations.
Perhaps it's some A/B test to see if people will be more motivated if they don't have to do as challenging exercises? If it is I REALLY hope they decide´against making it permanent.
I have also one english to german translation per 2 or 3 lessons, and I see that you are getting this problem in an advanced spanish level, same as me in the advanced german level, perhaps it's a glitch concerning the higher levels? I really hope it gets fixed because I feel that I am advancing to easily in the latest lessons
It happens also when I go and redo the very early lessons. Sigh, guess there's nothing to do except wait until they fix this.
Also wondering why anyone would give a negative vote to a troubleshooting question in the troubleshooting section...
You are right it makes no sense to have negative votes for this. Did you go to the third link above that I provided and scroll down and request formally for help? I am hoping someone helps you soon!
Yes thank, I did send a message to Duolingo - hope they respond. In the meanwhile I will focus on the reverse course (Spanish to English) since then effectively I'll get all my translations to my real target language.
Thanks for the help :)
Which specific lessons are you talking about? Web or phone (android, iphone or windows phone) or tablet (which)? Which browser? More info! Perhaps there was a recent update..... http://duolingo.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
All web based in Google Chrome. Will try experimenting with alternate browsers, and with using my wife's computer.
A variety of "refresh" lessons from the German and Spanish tree. Just now I refreshed Adjectives 1 in Spanish and did not get a single English to Spanish translation.
Try refreshing your browser and attempt again. There is a certain randomness that can create variety or not. Also, see if this carries over to redoing a lesson. Hopefully not!
I tried a different browser (Internet Explorer), I tried logging out and in again, I tried doing refresh lessons and redoing lessons. Nothing makes any difference I get no translations to the target language.
I tried searching the forums, but did not find anyone mentioning this problem.
This is awful - I love Duolingo but this really makes it pretty much useless to me.