i think that the voice that pronounces this foruroligende is very disturbing
According to Den Danske Ordbog it should be /fɒuˈʁoˀliənə/ - so roughly “foe row lee-uh-nuh“
For anyone who wants an analysis of this horrible word: for-u-ro-lig-e-nde
- for- - (prefix) being put in a certain state
- u- - (prefix) the opposite, un-
- ro - (noun) calm, quiet, silence
- -lig - (suffix) turns a noun into an adjective
- -e - (suffix) turns an adjective into an action of progressing towards that state
- -nde (suffix) makes the present participle of a verb, -ing
ro - calm
uro - turmoil, riot
urolig - tumultous
forurolige - to disturb, make someone unwell
foruroligende - disturbing
I also love such words. My personal favourite is uafhængig :D But I can never remember how to spell it.
Unfortunately, there is no verunruhigend in German. It is beunruhigend. But your verunruhigend is a nice mnemonic for me, since I could not memorize the meaning of foruroligende. All I have to do now is to memorize the spelling. Anyway, have a lingot.
This vaguely sounds like furrow lines, and that's how I'll remember it. Things that are disturbing or worrying give me furrow lines on my forehead.
i use these mnemonic devices all the time and this one is simply brilliant, thank you, here comes the lingot!