"Discuss sentence" button not working.
Recently (last several weeks) I have suddenly started having a lot of trouble accessing the sentence discussions from within a lesson. I click on the button, and nothing happens. Strangely, it is not consistent; sometimes I can access discussions, and sometimes I can't. I'd say that more than 95% of the time I can't though, and it is really starting to bother me. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?
Here are some random details:
1) I am using a windows 7 laptop.
2) I am using Google Chrome (up to date).
3) Once the button has failed once, I have never been able to get it to work again for the rest of the lesson.
4) That is not to say that the button always starts out working. Sometimes I can access the first sentence discussion; most of the time, I can't
4b) That is also not to say that I can never access it for the rest of the day; sometimes starting a new lesson will help.
5) Occasionally, I can access more than one discussion in a row. Most of the time, I can't.
6) Whether or not I post a comment after reading the discussion seems to have no effect on whether or not I can access the next sentence discussion.
7) I am not talking about blank sentence discussions. I can see the number on the button showing that there has been activity.
8) Although, actually, I can't access blank sentence discussions either.
9) I haven't tried specifically searching for the discussions I wanted to access through the route I used to create this thread and the route you used to read it (only because I've always forgotten what my question was by the time I finish the lesson) but so far I have not run into trouble accessing the discussions outside lesson. It seems to just be the button within lessons that is broken.
Did you ever get this resolved? I have started having the same problem, not consistently every lesson, but persisting throughout the lesson once it starts.
N.b.Later OS, but I am also using the Chrome browser.
Honestly, I haven't been using Duolingo much recently, for lack of time, so I can't comment on whether it's working for me now, but I don't recall it ever getting resolved.
I'm sorry to hear you're having the same trouble . . . :-(