"What is bread?"
Translation:Hva er brød?
I love the flow of Norwegian. It's such a graceful language to speak.
The correct IPA pronunciation is
Ø is a close-mid front protruded vowel. If you have trouble with pronouncing it properly, visit this discussion thread and look for my reply to @Leighfy7. Also, on the discussion page, you can click the word itself (Duolingo will take you to the dictionary page) to listen only to its sounds being pronounced.
There are several ways you can enter in non-English characters:
- use the ø button underneath the textbox during exercises
- copy it from somewhere else (search "o slash" on Google)
- on mobile, click and hold the letter o to view more characters
- on desktop/laptop, turn Num Lock on, hold down the Alt key and then enter 155 on the numeric keypad to get the letter ø
- install Norwegian keyboard layout on your operating system/smartphone (most sensible approach)