"Vi fattet en god beslutning."
Translation:We made a good decision.
July 17, 2015
16 CommentsThis discussion is locked.
This discussion is locked.
It can be translated into so many different verbs, you're going to regret you ever asked. ;)
- "Å fatte" has a cognate: "to fathom", and can by extension translate to "to get".
- "Å fatte" can mean "to catch fire", but "å ta fyr" would be a safer translation.
- "Å fatte" can mean "to grip" or "to clutch", but "å gripe" would usually be preferred.
- "Å fatte en beslutning" means "to make a decision", as above.
- "Å fatte et vedtak" means to make a resolution (in some sort of official capacity).
- "Å fatte interesse for" means to become interested in.
- "Å fatte håp" means to find hope, but does not take an object à la "to find hope in X".
- "Å fatte mot" means to find courage.
- "Å fatte mistanke" means to become suspicious.
- "Å fatte seg" means to get one's act together, as in calm down.
- "Å fatte seg i korthet" means to express oneself in a short and concise manner (often in speeches, introductions, etc).