1. Forum
  2. >
  3. Topic: Duolingo
  4. >
  5. Georgian lesson: Conjugations…

https://www.duolingo.com/profile/Tamuna10

Georgian lesson: Conjugations-Object verb prefixes and suffixes

In previous lesson we talked about subject verb prefixes and suffixes. Now let's start with Object verb prefixes and suffixes. Here's the object verb conjugation:

ქონა/ყოლა (Qona/Kola)-to have (ქონა (Qona)-to have something that doesn't move itself; ყოლა (Kola)-to have someone, or something that moves itself (e. g. car))

მე მაქვს/მყავს (Me maqvs/mkavs)-I have (In object verb first person singular prefix "მ" (M) is used. It's for all object verbs first person singular)

შენ გაქვს/გყავს (Shen gaqvs/gkavs)-You have (Object verbs second person singular always use the prefix "გ" (G))

მას აქვს/ჰყავს (Mas aqvs/hkavs)-He/She has (When getting object verbs the pronoun of third person singular "ის" (Is), always turns into its object form, "მას" (Mas). The object verbs third person singular mostly use only the basis of the verb, but sometimes also prefixes "ჰ" (H) or "ს" (S) are used, as shown in the example, verb ქონა (Qona) uses the basis of the verb, and ყოლა (Kola) uses prefix "ჰ" (H))

ჩვენ გვაქვს/გვყავს (Chven gvaqvs/gvkavs)-We have (Object verbs first person plural always use prefix "გვ" (Gv))

თქვენ გაქვთ/გყავთ (Tqven gaqvt/gkavt)-You have (Object verbs second person plural use the same prefix "გ" (G) as second person singular, but they also use suffix "თ" (T) to indicate they're plural)

მათ აქვთ/ჰყავთ (Mat aqvt/hkavt)-They have (When getting object verbs the pronoun of third person plural "ისინი" (Isini) always turns into its object form, მათ (Mat). Object verbs third person plural, as third person singular, use mostly the basis of the verb, or sometimes prefixes "ჰ" (H) or "ს" (S), but they also always use suffix "თ" (T) to indicate they're plural)

This is the conjugation of object verbs :) As you see, in Georgian, unlike English, "to have" is an object verb, not the subject one :) I know it is hard, but time by time you will accustom to it :)

The link to all the posts: https://www.duolingo.com/comment/9660890

July 20, 2015

0 Comments

Learn a language in just 5 minutes a day. For free.