Would using the IPA help? This is the best page I've found for learning about it although perhaps this is only the phonemes (sounds) we use in English. http://www.macmillanenglish.com/phonemic-chart/
Ver = /ver/ Vir = /viːr/
Is there an online phonetic chart for all the Portuguese phonemes?
Use "to" para verbos e "that" para pronomes:
- Do you promise to come to see me?
- Do you promise (that) you will come to see me?
- He promised me a car for my birthday.
- You promised me (that) you’d be home early tonight.
- She promises to be a fine soprano.
- The brochure promised (that) the local food would be superb.
- It promises to be an exciting few days.
- I can promise you, you'll have a wonderful time.
- Politicians promise the earth before an election, but things are different afterwards.