"She is going to read seven books."
Translation:Zij gaat zeven boeken lezen.
I'm sort of confused regarding when I need to add a 'te' in front of the second verb (in this case in front of 'lezen'). Are there any rules for following this? Thanks in advance.
Apparently there are seven of them:
- After verbs such as staan and lopen when, during standing or walking yet something else happens.
- After an adjective that indirectly says something about the infinitive
- After certain verbs such as proberen, vergeten, hopen and the like
- After the words om, zonder, door, in plaats van, na, teneinde, voor and alvorens
- After the word om when a specific purpose is described
- After the combination te + adjective + om
- Between an article and a noun, when meant "something that should be done." eg: de te winnen prijs (the price to be won)
If you want some examples or extra explanation let me know ;)